Before being replaced with vines, the hillside of Chateau Pavie was home to Pavie peach trees. The legacy of these fruit is evident in the name of the wine estate. Ferdinand Bouffard acquired the vineyards in 1783, merging them with his other properties, but vinifying and selling the wine from each property separately. At Bouffard's death, and under new owners in 1912, the modern Chateau Pavie is born. In 2012, Chateau Pavie was labeled a Saint-Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classe A wine estate.
The vineyards today cover 37 hectares planted to 60% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon.