The wine estate first took the name, Suduiraut, in 1580 with the marriage of Leonard de Suduiraut and Nicole d'Allard. Shortly afterwards, the original chateau was plundered and burned down in the Fronde insurrection and later rebuilt and finished with a beautiful formal garden. In 1855, Chateau Suduiraut was classified as a Premier Cru.
Suduiraut represents 92 hectares of perfect terrior for developing noble rot on its grapes, receiving plenty of sunlight and regular autumn mists. The thin dry soil forces the vines to reach deep for nutrients, lowering yields, concentrating the grapes and taking on distinctive mineral character.