Domaine des Comtes Lafon is located within Cotes du Beaune. The estate was largely established by the lawyer, Jules Lafon who moved to Burgundy in 1865 to take the position of Inspecteur des Finances in Dijon. Here he married Marie Boch, the heir to a substantial wine estate which would form some of the parcels of land in the modern domaine. At his death in 1940, the substantial Domaine des Comtes Lafon was left to his two sons, Pierre and Henri.
The hardship faced by the domaine during the Second World War led to a period of great uncertainty and family quarrels over whether the land ought to be sold and the estate would be farmed by sharecroppers. Following the death of Pierre in 1944, Henri planned to sell up the land, but constant intervention by his son, Rene, prevented the this conclusion. Rene would then take over management of the estate in 1956. Efforts to restore the vineyards would come to fruition in 1961 when the entire production would be bottled.
Today the 16 hectare estate is managed by Rene's son, Dominique Lafon.
Sorry, there are no items for your current filter.