During the Middle Ages the St. Emilion vineyards of the what would become the estate of Chataeu Beau-Sejor Becot were originally owned by monks from the St. Martin Abbey; Saint Martin being the patron saint of wine growers. The estate was named 'Beau-Sejour' in 1787 by General Jacques de Carles, presumably for the excellent hospitality he received at the chateau. Later, the estate was split in two creating what would become Chateaux Beausejour-Duffau-Lagarosse and Beau-Sejour Becot.
Beau-Sejour Becot represents a 22.5 hectare vineyard planted to 73% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Franc and 6% Cabernet Sauvignon. Average vine age is 45 years.