Chateau Clerc Milon bears the name of the Pauillac hamlet of Milon and that of the Clerc family who purchased it in 1789. In 1855, the estate was labeled a Fifth Growth, placing it among the finest chateaux in Bordeaux. Seeing the potential of the estate, even in decline, Baron Philippe de Rothschild made the remaining 15 hectares his own in 1970. Over the following years, by applying the technical skills used at Chateau Mouton Rothschild and slowly buying the estate's former land, a process of renewal took place.
Currently, Chateau Clerc Milon has 41 hectares under vine planted to 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot and 1% Carmenere.