Named for its first owner, Francois Tronquoy, and the location, La Lande, Chateau Tronquoy-Lalande is among the oldest Saint-Estephe wine estates, founded in the 18th century. It was sold in 1859 and passed through the hands of several until 2006 when it was bought and experienced a huge €10 million renovation. Much of this money went towards creating an example of a environmentally friendly estate and expanding its borders.
Chateau Tronquoy-Lalande represents 30 hectares of Saint-Estephe vineyards, planted to 52% Merlot, 39% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Petit Verdot. Three wines are produced on the estate. At the front is the first wine, Chateau Tronquoy-Lalande, and the second label, Tronquoy de Saint-Anne, which saw its first vintage in 2006. Additionally, a small one hectare plot is reserved for Semillon and Sauvignon Gris for the Chateau Tronquoy-Lalande Bordeaux Blanc.