Chateau Saint Pierre finds its roots in an estate named Seracon, which first planted vineyards in 1693. Shortly afterwards, the whole estate was bought by a Baron de Saint Pierre who would name the estate in his fashion. On his death in 1832, Chateau Saint Pierre was divided between the Baron's two children. Despite difficulties in managing the estate after this date, it was was awarded Fourth Growth status in 1855.
Recent history is built around Henri Martin, who bought Chateau Saint Pierre in 1982 and began rebuilding the estate and recovering its former vineyards. Today the estate produces an excellent wine which reflects its 1855 classification.
The 17 hectare vineyard is planted to 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc.